Awash Bank provides highly competitive business solutions and financial advisory services for various successful multi-nationals and corporate organizations.
What is it?
- Corporate banking is the broad term given to different banking services that large companies, governments, or other big institutions need in order to function day to day. In essence, corporate banking services usually involve high value transactions.
- Corporate Banking reflects a bank’s strengths in providing corporate clients in, a wide array of commercial, transactional and electronic banking products. This can be achieved through innovative product development and a well-integrated approach to relationship management.
Corporate banking packages that are extended to businesses and government entities can include arrange of other financial services as entering into a corporate financial arrangement. In addition to such valuable support services as consultation on investments, help with the details of major merger & acquisitions and various underwriting services are also included in corporate banking support.
Products and services under Corporate Banking
- Business account in order to manage their cash flow with having a feature of easy to open.
- Special feature : Time, saving and demand deposits with asset products such as loans and guarantees
2) Payments and Collections
- Transfer funds and make payments electronically any time, any day. , convenient solution to pay their payroll to their employees.
- Transfer funds and make payments internationally in a wide range of currencies quickly.
- Receive payments efficiently
- Deposit cash and cheques safely and conveniently
- Receive incoming funds electronically quickly at greater convenience
- Electronic collections & bill payments,
3) Liquidity and Fund Management
- Liquidity and fund management services to efficiently maximize their returns.
4) Import and Export services
4.1 Services for Import Businesses
- letter of credit issuance,
- Documentary collection service such as inward bill collection, Shipping Guarantee, Air Waybill Endorsement and others, to quickly take delivery of cargo to avoid costly demurrage charges.
- Import financing/financing the purchase of goods and take ownership earlier.
4.2 Service for export businesses
- letter of credit advising (Verify the authenticity of Letter of Credit)
- Letter of credit confirmation (to eliminate credit and country risks associated with Letter of Credit).
- Document Negotiation/Discounting (to convert receivables to cash immediately)
- outward bills collection (Collecting payments easily and efficiently)
- Export Pre-shipment financing (working capital for purchase of items to be exported against sales contract or Letter of Credit)
- They need export open account Post-shipment Financing
– Bid Bond guarantee, Advance Payment Bond Guarantee, Performance Bond Guarantee, and Bank Guarantees for credit purchase of goods and other related Guarantees issued at the request of clients in order to provide payment assurance to beneficiaries.
6) Leasing and Hire Purchase Facilities
7) Corporate Loan Financing
Liquidity loans are loans granted to customer to satisfy temporary or seasonal fund needs to ensure their normal production and business activities.
7.1 Product Features
- Liquidity loans are flexible and can meet customers’ temporary, short-term and medium-term liquidity needs. Based on the length of the loan period, liquidity loans can be divided into temporary liquidity loans, short-term liquidity loans and medium-term liquidity loans.
- Temporary liquidity loans have loan periods under or equal to three months, they are mainly used for companies’ temporary fund needs in one-time purchases and to compensate for other seasonal fund shortages;
- Short-term liquidity loans have loan periods that are over three months and less than or equal to one year, they are mainly used as turnover funds to ensure companies’ normal production and operation;
- Medium-term Working Capital Loans have loan periods that are over one year and less than or equal to three years, they are mainly used for companies’ frequently occupied turnover funds in the process of normal production and operation
8) Corporate investment and financing consultancy
In the investment and financing consultancy business refers to the comprehensive investment and financing advisory services that a bank provides for the customers’ investment and financing activities, including designing of the investment plans and schemes, investment product risk and return analysis, and investment maturity matching, as well as designing of the financing plans and schemes, selection of the financing instruments, financing cost control, maturity matching, credit enhancement and designing of the debt repayment plans etc.
Investment consultancy business mainly makes use of existing strength in customers, funds, information and network to design short-term or medium to long-term investment plans for the customers based on their needs and business development strategy; makes preliminary.
Ways to Bank
- Dedicated personnel to support corporate customers at Relationship Manager, responsible for managing customer’s relationship with the bank, quick handling of customers’ requests for banking services and providing consultancy service to customers and streamlining processes to ensure ease of banking.
- 24/7 access through online and mobile banking platforms
- Card Banking
- POS Terminal machines
- Awash Agents