For Awash, sustainability is about building our businesses to ensure that we have a positive impact on the economic and social progress of communities and the environment.
Awash bank is not only the pioneer private commercial bank in the industry, but it has also been in the forefront in discharging its corporate social responsibilities since its inception. Thus, various organizations have been benefiting from this initiative.
In the just ended financial year alone, AwashBank has granted more than birr 7 million to the following eight local nonprofit organizations.
- Yeenat Woge Charity Organization Run, First Lady Roman Tesfaye
- Back Lion Specialized Hospital
- Oromo Self-Reliance Association
- Ethiopian Heritage Trust
- Eneredada Elderly Association
- Tesfa Social & Development Association.
- The National Eye Bank of Ethiopia
- Stand for vulnerable