For Awash, sustainability is about building our businesses to ensure that we have a positive impact on the economic and social progress of communities and the environment.
Awash bank is not only the pioneer private commercial bank in the industry, but it has also been in the forefront in discharging its corporate social responsibilities since its inception. Thus, various organizations have been benefiting from this initiative.
In the just ended financial year alone, AwashBank has granted more than birr 30 million to the following nine local nonprofit organizations:
- Amhara National Regional State to eradicate water hytchen (Emboch Weeds)
- Oromia National Regional State to rehabilitate the displaced people from west Ethiopia
- ’Mot bekulalit yibka’ Charity Association
- ‘Gergesenon mental health vulnerable help association
- Hunde Oromo grass root Development Innovative
- ‘Yewedekutin ansu yenadian’ Charity Association
- Gurmu Development Association
- Kids Care Community Service
- Society for forest landscape Restoration and Conservation