Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) represents strategic importance to any business. In discharging its corporate social responsibility, it can be proudly spoken that Awash Bank is the pioneer private bank in understanding a corporate vision that goes beyond the conventional, economically driven business perspectives. Furthermore, though undoubtedly, CSR has become one of the organizational challenges for many business organizations in the past decades, when viewed from the perspective of the growing needs and obligations of sustainability, the Bank has been framing the concept of corporate social responsibility in its corporate business strategic roadmap in the past decades and positively integrated into its core business programs.
To this end, in the last three years Awash Bank donated over Birr 180 Million to local charity organizations, international NGOs, and the Government, namely,
Dine for Nation (Gebeta Le Hager) – Birr 30 Million
Gebeta le Sheger – Birr 15 Million
School feeding program for Addis Ababa School Children – Birr 3 Million.
- Birr 10 Million to the Corona Virus Control National Committee
- Addis City Administration Exercise Book Donation worth Birr 7.5 Million
- Tigray Regional State Development Birr 10 Million
- Oromia Regional State for rehabilitation of the displaced people in western Wollega, Birr 15 Million
- Amhara Regional State to eradicate ‘Emboch ’weeds, Birr 10 Million
- Mot Bekulalit Yibka’ Association, Birr 1.6 Million for purchase of dialysis machine.
- Gergesenon Mental Health Vulnerable Help Association, Birr 800, 000.00,
- Hundee Oromo Grass Root Development Initiative, Birr 1 Million,
- Yewedekutin Ansu Yenadian’ Charity Association, Birr 600,000.00,
- Gurmu Development Association, Birr 350,000.00
- Kids Care Community Services, Birr 350,000.00,
- Society for forest landscape Restoration and Conservation, Birr 300,000.00
- Jati School Educational Materials donation worth, Birr 200,000.00
- Donated Birr 12 Million to humanitarian organizations in connection with 25th anniversary of the Bank.
- Donated over Birr 35 Million to households affected by the internal displacement due to environment and internal boarder conflicts in the Eastern of the Country.
- Donated funds of over Birr 2 Million to humanitarian organizations engaged in supporting vulnerable.
- Donated more than Birr 1 Million for Black lion Hospital for critical treatments and healthcare services and purchase of pediatric and other medical equipment.
- Donated 1 Million Birr for school feeding project, the project being led by Ethiopian First lady to improve the academic performance and keep students in school.
- Donated food items worth of over Birr 3 Million to households affected by drought.